29 September, 2011

Cruelty VS Justification?

While we're enjoying our last "summer" days long side a delicious detoxing drink (pro-green lol) and having fun with our close friends and relatives; on the other side of the world, there's some serious cruelty going on.

Not only do I believe in justice, i actually live it.
I see myself, having my own lawfirm, defending the victims and helping the world to become a "better place" to live in. However, what we as "public" have seen happening the last few weeks, made me question the justice-system.

#TroyDavis has been executed last week, after being inprisoned for over 20 years.
To make a long story short. There wasn't enough evidence to go through with the execution, but the state of Georgia insisted to go on with the execution and denied the clemency at the last moment.
The inspiring last words of Troy " you can take my body, but you can't take my spirit" & "the fight hasn't start with me and will not end without me" , made me realise that we lived a moment of history.


To think that such a blurry and sloppy way of "handling business" wont occure, another execution was planned.
#ManuelValle has also been executed, yesterday after a two hours delay. Realise that this man has been inprisoned for an embarrasing 33 years!


Both of these man where executed for the "same crime" (killing a police officer) and they both got a lethal injection!

As i was saying earlier. I believe in justice but this is a primitive way of punishing someone.
Besides the primitive way of punishment, i feel that both local authorities failed in there duties and just repudiate all responsibilities. Being locked up for 20 to 33 years and after that still being executed as beyond cruel. Notifying that evidence is key.. If there is a big question mark, hangin "above" the evidence, then why are we punishing?

I'm deeply in shock of this and i hope that we will keep protesting around the world to stop these cruel ways of punishments.
Let this be an eye-opener for the governments. "The world is watching you"

No comments:

Post a Comment